Wednesday, September 15, 2010

50 Cent in hot water for 'anti-gay violence' tweet


Rapper 50 Cen
t has been urged to apologise by the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation for a "homophobic" twitter message.

Referring to gay celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, 50 Cent tweeted: "Perez Hilton calld me douchebag so I had my homie shoot up a gay wedding. wasnt his but still made me feel better."

He attached a picture of two men in suits running from an angry crowd.

GLAAD were not amused by the rapper's tweet and urged followers: “Tell 50 Cent to let his fans know that anti-gay violence isn't something to joke about."

50 Cent removed the offending message and tweeted Hilton: "Stop being so sensitive its a joke. Your acting like a big baby," and "my next song will make your sweet ass dance lol chill out".

However, GLAAD says he should have apologised.

"It's wrong to make jokes and promote violence against the gay community," said GLAAD spokesman Rich Ferraro. "Taking down the post is not enough. We wanted him to tell his Twitter followers that what he did was wrong."

In 2004, 50 Cent told Playboy magazine: “I don’t like gay people around me, because I’m not comfortable with what their thoughts are. I’m not prejudiced. I just don’t go with gay people and kick it — we don’t have that much in common. I’d rather hang out with a straight dude. But women who like women, that’s cool.”

He added that his mother was bisexual and said: "It’s okay to write that I’m prejudiced. This is as honest as I could possibly be with you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment